Tuesday 16 February 2010

Valentine's day songs, can't find any really...!



I have been looking for that Valentine's Day romantic kind of songs but wasn't really inspired.
What really inspired me was the Smashing Pumpkins's "Ava Adore". But with the intro "It's you that I adore, You'll always be my whore", I thought that my boyfriend might not like it. Even though the song is brilliant: the guitar is loud, the lyrics are good. You really feel something. It's just that intro that might turn him off (and probably Billy Corgan's voice as well).

Then I thought about "Today", again from the Smashing Pumpkins. Not bad but not my first choice for a cuddle. At least I didn't fall for Daniel Beddingfield's cheesy "If You're Not The One" song that might have been played over and over again at weddings. Or even Robbie William's "Angel" over-played at funerals!

Then I thought, let's go 70s with 10CC's "I'm Not In Love" but what if Boyfriend thinks I don't love him anymore? A little bit further in time was "Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes" from Korgis. It's nice, relaxing but again, damn cheesy!

Scissor Sisters have a couple of great songs on their first studio album called... ermm... Scissor Sisters. Songs like "It Can't Come Quickly Enough"; "Laura" and "Return to Oz" are musically awesome but the lyrics are far from being romantic. For example, their song "Return to Oz" is about drug abuse within the Gay community.

And just before dark, then came a briliant idea: ZERO7! Why haven't thought about it earlier???? Their whole abum When It Falls is a triumph of love. Perfect for a romantic night in with Boyfriend. Ending the album with Morcheeba's "The Sea" and then Groove Armada's "My Friend", this is going to be a great night!

If there is ONE song I would recommend for that type of "evening", this would be Zero7's "Over Our Heads". This songs is really special!

What is your favourite love song of all time?

No comments: