Friday 23 December 2011

I've met Gary Numan

Shame about my look on that evening, back from the gym, NOT a good look!

On my way to Charing Cross Rail Station, I walk past this odd looking man with his family. I didn't recognize him straight away but I thought I knew him from somewhere. Next thing I know, I started walking the other way and saw him stop. My hands started shaking, I couldn't believe it! My heart started to beat faster and faster. Oh-My-God! This is Gary Numan! GARY F**KING NUMAN!
I don't remember much, I was absolutely starstruck! I've asked if I could take a picture and he gently said yes. Bingo!
His wife was lovely, she asked if she could take the picture and actually took a few of them. Even their kids wanted to be on the picture so we posed all together (but I'm keeping this one for myself). We shared a joke and went our separate ways.
I was so excited, I couldn't stop talking about it for weeks. But I wish I had a proper chat with him. Ahhhh! Nevermind!
Next music hero I would like to meet would be: John Foxx, Siouxsie Sioux, Alan Wilder, Peter Hook....

No comments: